South Indian people have it auspiciously........
Five year's back when i joing IHM Bangalore, first time I saw & heard about it. I was very reluctanat about it. Me n my room partner always bet on this if anyone of us will eat one small bowl of it, other person will give Rs. 500/- to him, but we never tried it.........
Time thaught us how to eat it, my friend had some health problem & Doc suggested to only have "Curd Rice",,,,,,,, the biggest shock for us...........
From that time we started eating "Curd Rice", now its my one of the favourite dish but i like the little sour & with nice tadka, typical South Indian one, which have jeera(cumin seeds), rai(mustard seeds), kadi patta, chana dal(split bengal gram), urad dal(split black gram), hari mirchi(green chili) & its my addition shegdana(pea nuts), may people add grappes both green & black & pomogranete...........
Yesterday I took it on tiffin for lunch, few of my friends tasted it & like it alot, they ask me to bring it again & in more quantity so i thought lets put this recipe on blog
Split bengal gram
Split black gram
- Whisk the yogurt, till smooth.
- Add rice salt & littel cold water.
- Dry roast the grams & peanuts.
- Heat little oil , add mustard when cracker add cumin, green chillis & kadipatta
- Mix tadaka & dry roasted gram & peanut wit rice.
- Mix finely chop corriander leaves.
- Add optional grapes & pomogranate
- Now its ready to eat
- Taste awesome if eaten cold with pickel.....